Microeconomics Essentials You Always Wanted To Know
- Have you wondered how companies decide the price of their products?
- What factors do companies consider while allocating their resources?
- How does consumer behavior affect the factors of production?
A go-to guide to understanding the building blocks of Microeconomics
Microeconomics Essentials You Always Wanted To Know has the answers to all your questions. The book shows how the demand of consumers affects the market supply and how price is a major determinant of them. Next, the book goes on to explain consumer behavior with the help of cardinal and ordinal utility approaches. The book dives deep into the functions of markets and the roles that they play in a booming or receding economy. Lastly, it touches upon the topic of international trade and its advantages for a country. It contains plenty of examples that are relevant to the real world which will make it easier for you to grasp the concepts.
Microeconomics Essentials You Always Wanted To Know is a go-to guide for understanding all the crucial concepts that form the building blocks of microeconomics.
After reading this book, readers will:
- Understand the basic concepts of Microeconomics
- Learn the relationship between demand and supply
- Get to know the various types of markets
- Discover how prices of goods and services are determined
- Understand the theory of factor pricing
- Appreciate policy decisions related to taxation, interest rate, and international trade
About the Series
Microeconomics Essentials You Always Wanted to Know is part of the Self-Learning Management Series. This series is designed to help students, new managers, career switchers, and entrepreneurs learn essential management lessons and covers every aspect of business, from HR to Finance to Marketing to Operations across any and every industry. Each book includes fundamentals, important concepts, standard and well-known principles, and practical ways of application of the subject matter
Microeconomics Essentials is a must-read for anyone looking for a solid foundation in microeconomics as it is presented in an easy-to-understand fashion. Student learning is enhanced with a variety of real-world applications of the material. The book can be used as a primary text in undergraduate microeconomics classes or as a useful supplement to more advanced courses.
- Richard Roberts, Professor of Economics and Finance, Monmouth University
This book explains in a brief and concise way, by avoiding too many technicalities and focusing mostly on concepts that could be applied in real life. This book could be used as an introductory book for undergraduate students or even MBA students who do not have any background in business and/ economics. The end-of-chapter summaries and questions are easy and straightforward and are good reviews of the basics of the chapter.
- Indrit Hoxha, Associate Professor of Economics, Penn State Harrisburg School of Business Administration
This book can be hailed as a textbook since the entire subject matter has clarity of exposition and its simple, empirical, and graphical presentation of topics will be easy to understand. A summary at the end of the chapters is a good way to recapitulate information. Undergraduate students or anyone who is interested to understand the behaviour of an individual, firm, etc. will find this book useful. This book can be used in courses like BA Economics, BBA, and BCom. Starting with basic concepts, this book is written concisely yet comprehensively. This is an ideal book to help you to grasp the essentials of economics quickly and easily even if you're a novice.
- Dr.S.Padma Annakamu, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, PSGRKCW
The layout and font of the book are perfect and standardised. For a beginner, this book gives a comprehensive coverage of all topics that they need to learn. The present NEP curriculum on economics will find this book a great facilitator.
- Prof Clement D Souza, Dean , school of Humanities and Associate professor of economics, St Joseph's University , Bangalore
This book has easy-to-understand content that will be beneficial for people from a non-economics background too. It provides basic understanding and knowledge of the fundamentals of economics and international trade.
- Dr. Raj Kumar Pammi, Assistant Professor, Centre for Wage Employment & Livelihoods (CWEL), National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR)